I know it’s been a while since I’ve blogged. So much has been going on! I am taking a class through work online and that seems to have been taking up a lot of my time. And, Gladys came home and so I was so eager to get sewing, well…I just have been neglecting Simply Delighting. At any rate, I hope to post an update of August projects and my September WIP list…but not before sharing what I have been working on!
When I was at my parents for Labor Day, my Mom dug through her craft stuff and she found a bunch of unfinished projects (wonder where I get it..hmmmm). This is one that she had finished but didn’t do anything with. She was going to make pillows out of this block (and the other 8 she had), but never got around to it. I quickly snatched it up from her and said…I can make a throw quilt with that! So…it now has become my unfinished project. If my computer wasn’t acting bad, I would post a picture of the finished quilt top. I will do it tomorrow from work where my internet is stronger. My Mom is going to buy the batting and back fabric and when I am there next time we are going to quilt it up and bind it.
Now….on to some housekeeping details:
My August WIP list-Final Update
1. Brianna’s quilt. DONE!
2. Shortcake quilt. DONE!
3. My Americana charm pack quilt (at least the top) Top is done, I have the border and back fabric.
4. Sweet Shoppe and Calico Candies charm pack quilt (at least the top) DONE!
5. My Mom’s quilt. No progress
6. Gabby’s quilt. No progress
7. My Mom’s Christmas charm pack quilt top DONE!
8. My Christmas charm pack quilt top. No progress yet
9. Start cutting some hexagons for my hexagon quilt. I have the hexagon template, I just have to pick out the fabric! Moving to Sept WIP list.
10. Work on my difficult Americana quilt that I keep putting off because I am such a whimp and it’s too hard and I am scared to take it. No progress yet Moving to Sept WIP list.
11. Practice free motion quilting with some easy peasy projects like pot holders etc. Moving to Sept WIP list!
12. I also completed several Baby J items!
September’s WIP List
1. Baby J’s Hand quilted quilt
2. Baby J’s special project
3. Mom’s star quilt top
4. My college friend’s quilt top (at least)
5. My Winterscape quilt top
6. Americana Quilt 1
7. Americana Quilt 2 top
8. Cut hexagons
That’s all for now. I am sure that I will add some additional projects. I feel good about August. I finished 4 quilts completely!
Keep Simply Delighting!