Lyndsey over at sewanotherday nominated me for a Liebster award! Basically a Liebster award is given to fairly new bloggers with less than 300 followers as a way to get the word out about their blog. The rules are as follows:
1. Share 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the awarder’s 11 questions.
3. Ask 11 questions of your own.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers.
Well, when I first posted this, I forgot to share 11 facts about myself, so here they go:
1. I am the youngest of six kids, I have 3 brothers and 2 sisters, and almost 30 nieces and nephews…including great nieces and nephews.
2. I am a born again Christian, and try to live my life according to the Word of God.
3. My Mom is a huge source of inspiration for me. She embodies everything feminine and motherly…she has taught me so much about being a woman and all that goes with it.
4. I desperately want an iPhone, but am too cheap to buy one.
5. I love music. All kinds. I have about 40 stations on my Pandora.
6. I have my Bachelors in Psychology and my Masters in Organizational Management Leadership, yet I would love to be in full time ministry.
7. My sister in law has given me so many nicknames. Some of them are Martika, Martin, Marty, Marilyn, pretty much anything that begins with an M, she calls me.
8. I love school supplies…markers, pens, paper, pencils, notebooks, I LOVE THEM.
9. I am obsessed with the color pink. I probably have more pink fabric than anything else. And pink bags, purses, scarves, etc.
10. My latest great niece, Jaidyn was born on Jan 2, and I told her Mom, my niece Emily, I expect a picture of Baby J everyday. But..I am not demanding.
11. Every car I have ever owned has been red. Weird eh?
Below are the questions that Lyndsey asked, and my answers:
1. What do you look for in a blog, what interests you? Like one topic in particular per blog or do you like a blog with a range of things?
I have to admit, that if a blog isn’t that pretty or organized, I don’t like it. I am not a big fan of blogs that are super busy, meaning that have a million things going on all around. Also, I like blogs that have the posts as the main part of the page, with a nice big, easy to read font. I follow several different kinds of blogs, from crafting, quilting, crocheting, food/cooking, family, Christianity, and humor.
2. What inspired you to start a blog?
I was unemployed and a friend of mine was blogging, and I thought, that looks fun. I originally started blogging just recipes and some crafty type things. Well, I got a job and life took over again and I stopped blogging for about 2 years, until late June 2012, when I picked it back up again. It is something I really enjoy, and I love reading others as well.
3. Do you have any pets?
I have 2 cats, Elly and Milly.
4. What’s your favorite TV show and why?
Oh gosh, I have several. I would say right now, my favorite show is Duck Dynasty. I was raised in a hunting family, so they kinda remind me of my brothers and Dad. And it’s hilarious. Makes me laugh so hard.
5. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
I would live someplace where it is warm year round but still has seasons. Does that place exist? I was born and raised in Michigan, and in my heart I still wish I lived there. I don’t mind winter as long as there isn’t a ton of snow and ice.
6. Do you have a hobby, if so what is it and how long have you been doing it for?
My hobby is quilting, mostly. I have been quilting for about a year. I also like cooking/baking/meal planning.
7. Favourite season and why?
Fall! I love fall. I love the crisp cool weather that comes after the super-hot August humidity. I also love football and that comes in the fall.
8. What is your greatest achievement?
Greatest achievement? Hmmm…I think that preserving daily is a great achievement! Every day deals us so many reasons to quit and curl up and give up, but we must continue to pursue greatness and our Godly calling. Staying the course is probably the greatest achievement of my life.
9. Any new years resolutions?
My friend and I have a tradition of making NY resolutions together and then holding each other accountable. Mine are: save more money, be more consistent in spending time reading the Scriptures and prayer, be more grateful, and to slow down and enjoy the process, not just embrace it.
10. Have you ever met anyone famous?
Hmm…I have met a few sports figures. When I worked at my first job out of college we had an annual benefit dinner that included speakers that were famous athletes.
11. Will you repost this?
1. Share any nicknames you have
2. One goal you want to accomplish this year?
3. What inspires you?
4. 3 blogs you follow consistently
5. Your guilty pleasure?
6. Most productive time of the day?
7. One thing you can’t live without?
8. Favorite holiday and why
9. Favorite reality show?
10. Movie that you can watch over and over and why
11. Name of a song that when you hear it you turn it up and dance around like crazy, singing at the top of your lungs
The blogs I nominate:
Keep Simply Delighting!