Happy Holidays! Above is a picture of the cornish hens my Mom made for Christmas dinner. Aren’t they gorgeous?
I am enjoying some wonderful time off. The company I work for closes during the week between Christmas and New Years as a benefit to their employees, so I am spending some well needed time just doing whatever I want. I spent the Christmas holiday with my parents at their home, and they are currently in town on their way passing through to Florida for the winter. This week my parents helped me hang curtains and pictures on my walls of my new place. It finally looks homey and “together” here at home.
My Mom and I were talking about all the projects I have done this year. In an attempt to wrap up this year, here is my list of projects for 2012. Remember, I really only started “for real” quilting this year.
1. My niece Leah’s quilt
2. My pink lap quilt
3. My Mom’s queen size quilt (top is done, working on the quilting now)–includes shams and 2 12×12 throw pillows
4. My niece Brianna’s quilt
5. My niece Gabby’s quilt (top is done-needs to be quilted)
6. My friend Melissa’s “Believe” quilt
7. My friend Chelsea’s lap quilt
8. My Mom’s Shortcake lap quilt
9. My Mom’s Christmas lap quilt
10. My great-nephew Parker’s quilt
11. My great-nephew Maxton’s quilt
12. My great-niece Baby J’s quilt
13. Several bibs and birth cloths for both Max and Baby J
14. A quilted bag for Baby J
15. My friend Pam’s quilt
16. My Americana quilt (top is done-need to quilt)
17. My Mom’s star quilt
18. The girl embroidery quilt my Mom and I collaborated on (needs to be quilted)
19. My Christmas quilt (top is done-needs to be quilted)
20. My Mom’s purse and sunglasses case
21. My Mom’s crochet hook case
22. 9 ruffle scarves
23. A friend from college lap quilt (top is done–needs to be quilted)
24. My friend Shannon’s lap quilt
WooWee….I think that’s it. What a list. As I was making it, I was shocked myself at how much I did. 12 finished quilts, and several others that are done and just need to be quilted. Amazing.
I am currently thinking about what projects I want to do this year. I think I am going to be a bit more intentional about how/what I sew this year. I am not going to buy any new fabric until my stash is gone. There are a couple of projects that I want to try or work on…so you’ll see them coming!
Thanks for making 2012 so great.
And always…always…Keep Simply Delighting!