Hey ya’ll. It’s been sorta a slow week for me since Gladys, my sewing machine is still not working. The good news is that whatever is wrong with it is probably covered under warranty. Let me rephrase that…it BETTER be covered under warranty. She’s going to the shop on Saturday and who knows how long she’ll be there, the lady on the phone at the shop said they are swamped. So, in the mean time, I will be using my old (2005) basic Singer model my sister bought for me for Christmas. It gets the job done, but it’s not as nice as Gladys.
So, here’s a little project I have been working on:
These are samples from Benartex’s Crazy Daisy charm pack. I love them!
So…it’s Wednesday again, and here is the updated WIP list for August! The latest update is in red. Previous updates are in blue.
1. Brianna’s quilt. I am going to finish it this month. I have ripped the outer border off, and have sewn the new border on. The backing is ready. I just need to baste, quilt and bind. This weekend this will be finished! This quilt is finished! I loved the way it turned out!
2. Shortcake quilt. I think I am going to make a back piece with several strips scraps of fabric I have in my stash (to eliminate some scraps) Quilt is finished! Yay!
3. My Americana charm pack quilt (at least the top) Top is finished! Yay! I have the border and back piece…just need to sew it on, baste, quilt and bind.
4. Sweet Shoppe and Calico Candies charm pack quilt (at least the top) Top is finished as of tonight. Hopefully going to baste, quilt and bind this weekend. This quilt is finished. Yay!
5. My Mom’s quilt. Baste, quilt and bind. No progress yet
6. Gabby’s quilt. Baste, quilt and bind. No progress yet
7. My Mom’s Christmas charm pack quilt top No progress yet. Quilt top is done, hopefully going to baste, quilt and bind this weekend. This quilt is quilted and half binded. That’s when Gladys broke.
8. My Christmas charm pack quilt top. No progress yet
9. Start cutting some hexagons for my hexagon quilt. I have the hexagon template, I just have to pick out the fabric! Moving to Sept WIP list.
10. Work on my difficult Americana quilt that I keep putting off because I am such a whimp and it’s too hard and I am scared to take it. No progress yet Moving to Sept WIP list.
11. Practice free motion quilting with some easy peasy projects like pot holders etc. This weekend! Yes, hopefully this week!! Moving to Sept WIP list!
So I feel pretty great about this list. I have finished almost 4 quilts this month. That’s awesome. I almost had 3 done this weekend. Wait, scratch that, I finished 5 quilts this month. WOWOWOWOOWOW!!!!!
Keep Simply Delighting!!!