That’s right! It WIP Wednesday!!! And what a productive end of the week and weekend I had! Before I update my WIP list, I wanted to share a few photos!
This is the stack of stash fabric I have to choose from to make items for Baby J.
A bib for Baby J
So on Sunday, I spent the day making items for Baby J, my soon coming great-niece. Honestly, it is more joy to tease her Mama about what I am doing. My Mom and I have been talking about all the different things we can make for Baby J, and we came up with a very cool secret project that I know Emily, Baby J’s Mama is going to love! I can’t wait to get working on it. Meanwhile, above is a bib I made this weekend.
Okay, on to the WIP list update for August. Last week was in blue, this week is pink:
1. Brianna’s quilt. I am going to finish it this month. I have ripped the outer border off, and have sewn the new border on. The backing is ready. I just need to baste, quilt and bind. This weekend this will be finished!
2. Shortcake quilt. I think I am going to make a back piece with several strips scraps of fabric I have in my stash (to eliminate some scraps) Quilt is finished! Yay!
3. My Americana charm pack quilt (at least the top) Top is finished! Yay!
4. Sweet Shoppe and Calico Candies charm pack quilt (at least the top) Top is finished as of tonight. Hopefully going to baste, quilt and bind this weekend.
5. My Mom’s quilt. Baste, quilt and bind. No progress yet
6. Gabby’s quilt. Baste, quilt and bind. No progress yet
7. My Mom’s Christmas charm pack quilt top No progress yet. Quilt top is done, hopefully going to baste, quilt and bind this weekend.
8. My Christmas charm pack quilt top. No progress yet
9. Start cutting some hexagons for my hexagon quilt. I have the hexagon template, I just have to pick out the fabric!
10. Work on my difficult Americana quilt that I keep putting off because I am such a whimp and it’s too hard and I am scared to take it. No progress yet
11. Practice free motion quilting with some easy peasy projects like pot holders etc. This weekend! Yes, hopefully this week!!
So…we’re making progress. It was a pretty lofty list for August. I have 5 of the goals done so far, and if I get those 2 quilts completely done this weekend I will have gone above my goal for those, so I am feeling pretty good!
What are you working on?
Keep Simply Delighting!