It’s WIP Wednesday, as it’s known in the quilting blog world. As promised, here is my August WIP update! I am very proud of my progress! My theme for August is GO BIG OR GO HOME! So..here are my updates in blue:
1. Brianna’s quilt. I am going to finish it this month. I have ripped the outer border off, and have sewn the new border on. The backing is ready. I just need to baste, quilt and bind.
2. Shortcake quilt. I think I am going to make a back piece with several strips scraps of fabric I have in my stash (to eliminate some scraps) Quilt is finished! Yay!
3. My Americana charm pack quilt (at least the top) Top is finished! Yay!
4. Sweet Shoppe and Calico Candies charm pack quilt (at least the top) Top is finished as of tonight.
5. My Mom’s quilt. Baste, quilt and bind. No progress yet
6. Gabby’s quilt. Baste, quilt and bind. No progress yet
7. My Mom’s Christmas charm pack quilt top No progress yet
8. My Christmas charm pack quilt top. No progress yet
9. Start cutting some hexagons for my hexagon quilt. I have the hexagon template, I just have to pick out the fabric!
10. Work on my difficult Americana quilt that I keep putting off because I am such a whimp and it’s too hard and I am scared to take it. No progress yet
11. Practice free motion quilting with some easy peasy projects like pot holders etc. This weekend!
So out of 11 projects, I have 3 1/2 done! And it’s only August 8. I have finished 2 quilt tops this week alone. They are both throw quilts so they were easy but I am getting stuff done! I also set a goal to sew 3 baby items a week for my niece that is expecting in January. I found out today that a dear friend of my and his wife are also expecting in February, so I will be adding another baby quilt to the mix. I am so happy for them.
How’s your WIP list looking?