When you are having a rough day, what is the relaxing hobby or activity that you go to for a wind down? For me, it’s become quilting. I have had a rough couple of weeks at work and more and more I find myself thinking about all the projects I have at home in my sewing crate to work on. Honestly, sometimes that is the only thought that gets me through the day. Today was one of those days. I couldn’t wait to get home!
As promised, here is an update on my WIP list. I shared with you my original WIP for July in my Work In Progress List post. I had decided to make a shorter list for July. So…as we are close to the end of July…here is where I am on each project:
1. Baby Maxton’s quilt–DONE!
2. Briana’s quilt-I wanted to rip the sashing off and find new fabric that I could use for the sashing, backing and binding. I didn’t even touch this quilt top.
3. My Mom’s quilt-I wanted to baste, quilt and bind. Same as Brianna’s…didn’t even touch it.
4. Red, White and Blue Throw–Did nothing to further my progress!
5. Shortcake Scrap Quilt-I am happy to say that all of Blocks A are completed, and Blocks B are about 90% completed!
6. Chelsea’s Charm Pack Quilt-DONE!
7. Fabric for Emily’s baby-I have to wait until August…she finds out then what she is having.
While I didn’t complete a lot of my projects, I did manage to make 4 bibs and 3 burp cloths, start 2 other throw quilts…and get a few more projects planned! Here is the rest of my WIP list:
8. Gabby’s quilt–need to baste, quilt and bind.
9. My pink quilt-need to baste, quilt and bind.
10. Sweet Shoppe and Calico Candies quilt–working on the quilt top
I have several others planned. Check out the pictures of the fabrics:
Benartex Yuletide Magic charm pack
Benartex Winterscapes charm pack
A 9 patch project I am making with some Moda Collections
These make me sooo happy!!
Lastly, thanks to all of the new followers of Simply Delighting by email and Twitter! For those of you not yet following–feel free to sign up to receive updates of Simply Delighting by email and follow me on Twitter. You can do all that by clicking the links on the right!
Keep Simply Delighting!