Today has been such a great day. After a week that seemed like it would never end, I spent the ENTIRE day just sewing. I finished up a few projects on my WIP list and organized my stash. It felt sooo good!! So….here is what the day consisted of:
1. Chelsea’s Charm Pack Quilt–this project almost was a no go. Last night I added the sashing around the sides and quilted it but made a major error (which I will spare you the details) because I am such a new quilter but this morning, I started the day off determined to salvage and conquer the project. And, I did. And I love it, flaws and all, and Chelsea, one of my best friends, will too. Take a look:
The finished size is 58 x 38.
You can see the beginning of this quilt in the post A little of this, a little of that.
2. I finished 2 bibs and 2 burp cloths for Baby Maxton. I think they turned out great. Here they are:
3. I also finished Baby Maxton’s quilt but haven’t posted any pics…so here are some:
Finished Size is 54 x 54. You can see the start of the project at my post Burmuda Monkeys!
4. I started a new project with one of the charm packs I received the other day. Check out the original photo in my older post This and That. Here is a photo of the start of this project…I just sewed all of the squares together in twos:
5. I started working on again on my Shortcake quilt, using strictly stash fabrics. One of things I dislike about quilting is cutting, and so after a little bit of frustration, I decided to call it a day and start fresh tomorrow working on that WIP.
Lastly, I have a confession. I mentioned in my post This and That that I was making a declaration that I was not going to buy any more fabric (unless it was for a WIP) until all my WIPs were finished. Well, I was on the phone to my friend Josh and mentioned that I found this fabric on sale and couldn’t resist and he busted me. So…I promised him I wouldn’t buy anymore. Then today, I get an email from Craftsy that had charm packs closeouts for $3 and I couldn’t resist. So, once again…I am not making any more purchases until my WIP is done!
Stay tuned tomorrow for an updated WIP list and a yummy recipe.
Remember that you can sign up for email updates to Simply Delighting and be sure to follow me on Twitter. You can do both of those things by checking out the links on the right!
Keep Simply Delighting!