As promised, and for my own accountability…here is my work in progress list for July. These are projects I hope to finish this month.
1. Baby Maxton’s quilt. My niece Ciera is having a baby in November, and her shower is in early August. This is the most important project for July. As I mentioned in a previous post, I ordered the fabric from The Fabric Shoppe on Etsy. I am using Robert Kaufman’s Urban Zoologic Bermuda Monkey. Here is a pic of some of the fabrics:
I am in love with this line of fabrics!!
2. I made my niece Brianna, (she’s 12) a quilt. Ok…I am in the process of finishing it. I need to find a different outer sashing fabric, as the one on it does not look right. Along with that, I need backing fabric, so they might just be the same. Then, I need to decide if I am going to tackle that to quilt or if it’s going to the long arm lady. More to come on that.
3. The third quilt top I ever made was for my Mom. It was supposed to be for her birthday…March 18th. I need to get the back fabric for that and quilt it. I am doing it myself. Maybe.
4. I started a red, white and blue American throw for myself. I am almost as obsessed with quilting as I am about Americana stuff. This throw is a very complicated project….even though it’s made with all fat quarters. I need to finish cutting and sewing the top. I avoid it because it’s so complicated, but it’s a skill building quilt. I just need to put on my big girl panties and push through it.
5. I started a scrap quilt with all my leftover pink fabrics about a month ago. It’s the Cluck Cluck Sew patter #122 called Shortcake. It’s made for Jelly Rolls but I have using scraps. It’s a 2 block quilt; I have all of block A (see the pic below) done. I need to cut and piece the B blocks and then assemble the quilt top and find a cute backing/binding and quilt and be done.
The A block. Each block is a different fabric. Yes I have that many pink fabric scraps!!
6. I need to find a neutral fabric for the sashing and backing for my charm pack quilt I finished this weekend. This is going to be a present for my dear dear friend Chelsea. I will be quilting it myself too. I can’t wait to finish and give it to her!
7. Lastly, I need to look for and find a pattern and fabrics for Baby #2, my other niece Emily’s baby. We don’t know yet what she is having, but she is due in January 2013. I am hoping she’s having a girl so I can use more of the Urban Zoologic fabrics but the girl colors. Here is a sample of a fabric I really want to use:
I just love this fabric!!!
Ok…so there it is. A pretty lofty list of goals. I think I can do it. Most of it anyway!! What are you working on for July?!?!